Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm pulling over because you're getting a....

In our desire to be more consistent with the discipline, we have been pulling the car off to the side of the road to address the problems that might occur when there are 4 little ones tucked in a very small space. You know how hard it is to keep your legs in front of you when they obviously fit much better draped over the passenger next to you, don't you?

Well, today we were all in the car sitting at the auto zone while the kids were joyfully listening to Toby Mac and rapping to Hype Man. I got out of the car and I opened the van door. I made sure that my face was glib and stern.

My eyes pierced each one of theirs and I said, "Okay guys...You are all getting...."

They had that "oh no, we're in big trouble" look on their faces.

"You are all getting KISSES and TICKLES because I love you so much and am so thankful for you."

I plopped my fever blister lips on theirs and tickled them like crazy. They wiggled and giggled and squirmed and squealed and kissed me right back - with fever blister and all.

It is moments like these that make parenting so much fun and certainly unforgettable. I'd much rather get out of the car for a kiss than for the other! In fact, I think I need to be more consistent with my tickles and kisses.

I'm so glad I took a moment to make them squirm.....and smile.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top