Saturday, May 5, 2007

Quad life and settling in











WOW!!!!

We are finally here in Richmond, Virginia getting settled into our quad for 8 weeks of intense church-planting and evangelism training. After living at my dad’s for almost a month in 2 small rooms with 6 people and 18 pieces of luggage, this 900 sq. foot quad seems huge. We are so thankful to have our own dressers and to be sharing a bed again.

If you want to send anything to us while we are are our address is:

International Learning Center
John and Jessica Pham
Quad 7C
16492 MLC Lane
Rockville, VA 23146

4073612042


*********

Things we have successfully transitioned through recently:

The sale of our home, saying good-bye to our church friends and family, moving in with my dad, living out of luggage and now starting a temporary life here in Virginia.

The kids are doing wonderful. They are so very happy here. In fact, our Quad has another homeschooling family with 4 kids and she is pregnant with her 5th. They range in age from 13-3 years old and they are all such darlings. It’s so much fun to have them across the hall and they get along with our kids really well – even despite the age differences. This family will be in Costa Rica with us for a year and then they will live 3 hours away from us in Peru so what a blessing we to have to look forward too.

We start our intensive training on Monday and the kids start their training/schooling. Please pray hard, hard, hard as this is the first time they have not been under my care for an extended period of time. I think it will be harder for me than for them. I am wrestling with this daily, but I keep having to give it to the Lord. I take it back and then I give it back to him again. Please pray for this situation if you can. My heart is very tender in regards to this.

God has been extremely gracious to us during this last month. I thought I would be an emotional wreck, but the peace and strength that I have had can only come from God. John and I are still pinching ourselves as we can’t believe we’re really doing this and we’re really here. God has been orchestrating this plan for our lives from the very beginning and now he is enabling to walk this journey in peace, comfort and strength. It is so satisfying.

Letting go of our old life proved challenging for me at times because it was familiar. Things that I didn’t necessarily want to let go of are turning out to be even better here or better during this process. God is giving me more, in certain areas, than I had before. Our life feels very full and abundant.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We miss you and love you and will write more as soon as the ball gets rolling. - Jess

2 comments:

Kevin, Somewhere in Southern America said...

Hola, Phams,

I hope you enjoy your experience at ILC. I have no doubt you will be exposed to some very interesting things there. The men and women dedicated to teaching you will bless you and challenge you. Take full advantage of their experiences. I look forward to hearing how things are progressing as your time moves forward.

KDS

SurgeryDad said...

What a great idea! I'm still working my way around google, myspace and the whole blog-clog thing, but hope you guys keep this up. (We've come such a long way from the Prodigy days, eh?) I think I also am somehow on this blog site, too as SurgeryDad

All the prayers and blessings for you. If I'm in Costa Rica or Peru, of course I'll look you up! - Paul

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top