Friday, March 27, 2009

Enough!!!

Always waiting for the next thing......that's how I would describe myself.

Not content where I'm at, always wanting more. This can be a wonderfully, blessed thing, or in times of trials it can be a curse that stop me in my tracks.

In these days, it's not spurring me on, it's slowing me down. Looking for the next thing is not what I'm needing. Focusing on the here and now and glorifying God in the midst of it is where I need to be. I can focus, at times, but the glorifying part seems an insurmountable challenge.

All I can think is that I need to GET wisdom, understanding, prudence, discretion and knowledge. They can only be found at the feet of our Lord and in the pages of His love letter to us.

If I could just sit long enough at His feet and pour myself into His letters of passion for me, then I would find the place that I long to be. The place that He longs for me to be. And the here and now would certainly bring me the contenment that I think can only be found in tomorrow or yesterday.

Lord, I come to you wanting and waiting and knowing that You are enough. Make that a reality of my heart, not just some knowledge in my head. YOU ARE ENOUGH! Right here, right now - it's YOU that is enough for me!!!

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Praying for you Jessica...I also continue to pray for your Mom.

Thank you for always being transparent with your feelings....that way I always know how to pray for you.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top