Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homebirth in Peru?

So I TOTALLY forgot to mention that having a homebirth here in Peru has become an option once again. I am very happy with the Dr. I saw 1 time. I loved many things about the experience EXCEPT the hospital birth. Well, I met another American last week who had her baby 9 months ago in her house by a legitimate OBGYN who speaks perfect English and has an office in a clinic. Remember, some of my other concerns from the first lady (dr?) who said she would deliver came from a language barrier and the fact that I wasn't sure if the she was a legit doctor or not. Anyway, I am going to visit the Dr. I like one more time and really express to him what my desires for my birthing experience are. If they cannot be met, then I will visit the English-speaking German doctor (a woman - this is a HUGE plus for me) to proceed with a homebirth. John said he is TOTALLY supportive of me having another home-birth here. He is also supportive of me continuing to run. The new dr. told me I cannot run. So I said to him, "You mean you just don't want to KNOW that I am running?" Hahaha.. I've successfully ran throughout two pregnancies and I'm certainly not going to sit this one out when I have a marathon to run just 3 months after d-day! :) Anyway, please be praying about the home-birth situation and that we would have wisdom and guidance in this situation. I am open to both, but my heart REALLY wants to have another experience at home. Even John agreed how wonderful it was for both of us. My next appointment is in a week so I'll let you know what I decide after my conversation with the doctor.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top