Monday, April 13, 2009

update

I'm still alive! Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I guess you can say I have been uninspired. Not so inspired tonight either, but wanted to let you know we are alive and doing well. :)

We are praying/looking/hoping to purchase a VW bug so that John and I can have our own transportation. They are very cheap here and easy to repair. Most days I feel like a trapped rat in cage in the apartment, with no vehicle and no yard, so we are really seeking this out and praying about the right opportunity.

We are plugging away with ministry doing Bible studies and meeting human needs. It's rewarding, but tiring at the same time. Yesterday, in Oasis, I asked a lady how I could help her with her situation and she said, "if you could just counsel me!" Please pray for wisdom and the ability to communicate God's love for her in her heartbreaking situation as I seek to counsel her in a tongue that still seems so foreign to me.

I turn 4 months pregnant in a few days. It's hard to believe. I am feeling so much better emotionally, physically and mentally. I feel GREAT! I'm even exercising like a crazy woman again! YEAH! The only problem is that here pregnancy is a handicap (literally) and I don't think it's going over so well in the gym. I'm sure they'll get use to it.

I resume meeting with my tutor this Wednesday to get my mouth moving in Spanish again. It's amazing how quickly you can forget it.

John says hello and he is doing well - a bit tired, but fulfilled and happy. He just needs some new direction and wisdom with ministry.

3 comments:

Stephen Jones said...

It's always a joy to hear from you guys. Hope you had a Happy Easter! We continue to bring you often before the throne of grace.

Love,
Stephen, Natalie, Dylan, & Heidi

Jonatha said...

I love the idea of the VW. Those things are great! I hope it works out quickly & cheaply for y'all. Why do they think pregnancy is a "handicap" there? Do they expect you to sit with your feet up the entire time? Maybe that's why the first dr. told you not to run? Oh well, anyway, just wanted to tell you thank you so very much for the clothes! The baby things will be a wonderful blessing as well since I didn't have many of the onesies and things. My only complaint is that i didn't get to the lakefront to spend any time with you, or take any pictures of our baby bumps together!

Natalie Jones said...

Glad to hear from you guys! Things are starting to get really busy for us, too. :) I'm glad to know that you're feeling better, Jessica. I wish I had 1/2 your enthusiasm to exercise. God is good to us, isn't He? What a blessing to serve Him! Just reading Revelation 1 yesterday and today. What an amazing Savior we have. What a privilege to share His truth to those around us. We're praying for your language skills to improve. Keep up the hard work. God will continue to bless you for your diligence.

Love ya!
Natalie

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top