Monday, April 27, 2009

Well, I ran the 5k por Las Mujeres yesterday. It was 84 degrees and blistering hot with not a cloud in the sky. I think the majority of people there were men, so it seemed funny to me that it was for the women. It's the only race that I've ever been to that started at almost 10 a.m. (welcome to latin America) and gave out potato chips before the race. I obstained! It was a nice run around the pentagon and I was glad I had the opporunity to enjoy it for only $6! :) The shirt alone must've been worth $15, but I left it at the race because they hand it to you right before you run and 1., it didn't fit me and 2., it was hot enough without putting on an extra shirt.

Yesterday afternoon we continued to have a Bible study and service at Oasis. There are different people almost each week and attendance is sporadic. God is reminding me it is ALL in His hands. Please pray for what my role is out there. I am building relationships with a lot of the women and I want to help them SOOO much. All I can do is pray for them and point them to God's work. Sometimes I just want to do MORE, but it's impossible. The sins and strongholds are so much out there that it is very, very difficult. I would say that Satan has a huge stronghold in Oasis. Please be on your knees about God's vision for our family with the poor and what the best way to reach them. Our hand is to the plow, our hearts are heavy and we desperately want to see the strongholds broken and the lives changed and for these people to walk in victory and in joy!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

I'll be praying for that stronghold to be abolished!

circus of love said...

John was at a conference today where the pastor speaking was reminding them all to "Live and LOVE the now." It really impacted him. So many times in ministry we get caught up in the next step...the end result...when we get everything that we have planned actually working...but God wants us to love the now. So I encourage you...you may not ever see how your family's service, sacrifices and love are affecting some of these people for eternity. And I know that the example that you and John are giving your children during this faith-walk is impacting them in ways you won't comprehend until they are walking out their very own faith ventures. We love you guys so very much.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top