Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our People

Tonight we had our first annual Christmas fiesta with the people from Oasis. All I can say is "WOW!" It was incredible in every way; the food, fellowship, deserts, time of worship, gifts for the kids! I got teary eyed when I looked around at our friends and realized that "these are our people." These are the people that God has called us too. He picked us out of St. Cloud, FL and brought us to these people so that we can love on them, share our lives with them and bring them the Gospel. Tonight was one of the sweetest nights of fellowship I have had in a long time. From my new friend Rosita coming to help serve, to the people whom we were serving, it was all such a blessing to us as well as to them. Many pictures to come!


I have to say that the funniest moment of the night, for me, was when this couple told me that they were so happy that I had "recovered" my pre-pregnancy weight! :) These are the same people who "bluntly" told me I had gotten fat when I was about 6 months pregnant. Gotta love them! And then they told me how much my Spanish had improved. I told them they are absolutely right that I had "recovered" my weight, but absolutely wrong about my Spanish. It has only gotten worse, but they begged to differ. They said it was like a little kid and if you are with them all the time you don't see how much they are growing and changing, but when you aren't around them all the time and then you see them again, you can certainly see the difference! I still think they are completely and totally wrong (not trying to be humble, just truthful), but I am grateful for the compliment. A great night!

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top