Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Knee Update

Hi friends:

Thank you for your continual prayers for my knee. Please keep them coming. I am about 85% better and have actually walked for 2 full days in a row. This is MAJOR progress. I was aching a bit tonight after 2 long days, but I am excited to be off the handicap scooter (although this has been a huge blessing for me). Anyway, I met with my doctor and he said I am progressing well and he feels like I am fine for overseas travel. He hopes I will continue to 100%. He sent a nice little note on letterhead to the IMB. My physical therapist also sent a nice note as well. I have not heard anything "formal" from the IMB so I am assuming there is no problem. If there is, I will surely let you know. Please continue to pray because I have noticed that ever since I started asking people to pray it started to get better.

I think I had to come to the end of my rope with these knee problems and just realize that ONLY God (not surgery, or therapy, or meds or rest or shots) can heal it. Once I put it in His hands, it has made so much progress. Thank you!

Don't worry, I'm not in my running shoes just yet, but I did set them out and I am looking at them with a twinkle in my eye.

3 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

That's awesome!!!! I know you'll be running in no time!

Kevin, Somewhere in Southern America said...

Even if you cannot run on a regular basis, you and John are running a great race. I continue to pray.

SurgeryDad said...

Ice and Advil, :) Hope all is well. Thanks for the update.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top