Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life

I'm still alive! No worries! The Lima half-marathon didn't kill me after all! It was a wonderful, awesome experience. There were lots of runners and we received a very cool Nike shirt, that was at least worth the price of admission. I ran alone and soaked up every minute of the race. Remember I said I would be happy with anything under 2:05. Well, I ran it in 2:02:45. WOOOHOOOO! That is about 9:27 a mile if you are . record keeper. :) The race finished in this park of HUGE fountains. It was seriously like the fountains at Epcot only bigger and LOTS of them. It was magical feeling and now I want to visit that park again!

I signed up for another half-marathon for December 14th. I wasn't going to do it, but John said yes and it runs RIGHT in front of my house and is on my normal running route. HOw cool is that? And...the entrance fee was only $11 (and I get a new t-shirt to boot). So next race, I am going to try to come in under 2 hours if I possibly can.

Today I banged up our new van pretty bad. I hit the wall as I was entering our parking garage. It's not good! I don't understand how I didn't cry, but somehow I managed to chalk it up to "that's life. Things happen." I hope the IMB feels the same way! EEEKKK!!!

Ministry on Sundays is becoming more and more hectic. We enjoy it, but it's definitely presenting its challenges. We just never expected things to take off so quickly, but we should've because that is the kind of God we serve. He thinks BIG!!!

Well, we flea bombed our house and car yesterday. Please pray the fleas are gone. This has been quite an ordeal trying to get rid of them. But we are thankful for the opportunity to work in the South Cone, so I think that means we are thankful for the fleas too!

One more thing to note....very sad. John's step-mother (the one who was married to John's dad), just lost her oldest son (25ish) the day before Thanksgiving. She lost her son and her husband within 2 months of each other. I think it might've even been to the day. Please pray for her. Our hearts are grieving with her. He was killed in a tragic car chase while working for the Miami Dade Police Department.

Sorry to end on such a sad note. But things here are good (except the car). We bought Christmas decorations, have unpacked our house and are slowly decorating it. We just love this comfy little home God has given us.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top