Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So loved

3:30 a.m. insomnia. UGH! It's now 4:05 a.m. I gave up laying in the darkness. :)

We have had 1.5 awesome days with Pastor Steve and Pastor Carey so far. We have done a lot of sight-seeing, talking and eating. It has been a great source of encouragement for us. Tomorrow we are spending most of the day in our ministry area showing them what we do and more importantly, what God is doing. I think we are all looking forward to the day.

Some of my friends from the church sent some baby gifts for our growing little man. Last night we did a little baby-shower in a suit-case. As I opened the presents and the cards I was just filled with emotion. To know that people, my friends, from my home church had spent the time to buy the baby gifts, and write BEAUTIFUL notes, was overwhelming. To touch something that they had touched, written on and picked out for us was so special. So there I was with 3 men, opening my gifts and crying my eyes out for a good 15 minutes. It was so special and funny. I think I am the first woman to have a baby shower in a suit-case with 3 men! :) I felt so very, very loved! Gifts are my love language anyway, but this was just super, duper great! :)

On to other news.....on Monday, I probably had no less than 20 braxton hicks contractions that lasted about 30 seconds each, but did not come in any sort of pattern. It was just ALL day, on and off, and mainly when I was on my feet. I drank a ton of water, but they still kept coming. Yesterday, I had about 7ish, so that was an improvement. I made sure to continue to drink a lot of water. I read on the internet that they are normal, but I feel like I am having A LOT more than I should be. I would think 1-3 a day would be okay, as my body prepares for the task ahead of me in about 10 weeks. Next Monday I have my OBGYN appointment, so I will definitely consult with her and see what she says. Of course, if she says rest, rest, rest, I will just have to laugh b/c this house isn't going to get packed up with me in the bed! :) I'm sure everything is fine, but I am just a tad bit alarmed by the number of them. I did have 1 day of contractions when I was 19 weeks pregnant, but NOTHING again until this Monday. I mention that so that you can pray they will subside as we venture on to packing and moving very soon.

Well, I should sign off and try to go back to sleep if that is possible. I am so tired, but my body just won't shut down. The joys of pregnancy! This little guy is worth it!!!

Good night, or good morning, however you want to look at it!

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top