Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby Update....

A very long story, extremely condensed.

I Wasn't getting good care (or any care at all for that matter) for the bacterial infection from the homeopathic midwife who will deliver the baby. After a little "test" scare, I ended up at the OBGYN that I use to see in the beginning of my pregnancy. What a blessing that the test scare sent me there. He was able to pin-point and treat the every-growing bacterial infection that has been plaguing me. He put me on 3 types of strong medicines and I should be improving in no time. He was VERY (and I stress the word VERY) concerned about the contractions (especially since I had a bad episode on Wednesday and Thursday morning). He also gave me a medicine to take if I have 4 contractions in an hour. If they don't stop after that, then I need to go to be monitored at the hospital. He said I might be spending some time there. I hope not. I am still confident that the contractions WILL stop once the infection is treated and cleared. So...for now, he put me on partial bed-rest. I can be up for a few hours and down for a few hours. He said I can ONLY be an observer in the moving process and NO exercise. However, if things improve (and I am praying that they will quickly) then I can resume life as normal.

I came home crying, because tomorrow John is starting 14 LONG days and essentially won't be around and I have a house to pack, 4 kids to raise and yet I have to spend most of my time in bed essentially with ZERO help (we had to fire the nanny, but I do have a lady to clean once a week). It's almost laughable to think of the "restrictions," but God is so able to do MIGHTY things in this situation and I am depending on Him now more than ever. It is definitely increasing my faith and dependence on Him! I know that He can make the kids obey, the contractions stop and they days be smoother than ever. I'm so expectant (in more ways than one). :)

Tomorrow I will have my blood glucose test that I guess I should've had at 26 weeks. That is kind of my fault because I didn't really want to have it so wasn't pushing it with the other doctor. Also, he ordered a 4-D ultrasound because he thinks it has been long enough without seeing this little guy and wants to get another check that things are progressing properly (last one was 18 weeks). :) So, I am super excited to see Mile's cute little face on Monday - even if I have to drag four kids with me.

As for the delivery, I am still planning to go with the midwife at home as long as there are ZERO issues with the baby or pre-term labor. I will continue to see the OBGYN to make sure that everything is fine with me. I trust him VERY much. I just prefer to have a homebirth and the midwife is a means to an end (sorry to be so blunt, but that is kind of how I see it). But if ANYTHING changes I would definitely deliver in a hospital. I would NOT do ANYTHING to put the baby at risk. Just wanted to reassure you. Blessings and goodnight!

3 comments:

laytonfamily said...

Miles?! That's the first time I've heard a name. And a wonderful one at that!! =) You all have been miles!

Jonatha said...

I am so happy that things are under control :) I will be praying for your contractions to be completely stopped until the time is right! I would love another sonogram right now, just to make sure Abby is still a girl ;)

Shawna said...

Glad to hear you got some better care! I've been checking in regularly with baby on my mind. It is NOT fun to do bedrest with children but you CAN do it. I just accepted that there was going to be some extra parenting work after baby was safely here. Your home will be packed in plenty of time, even if it is because John throws everything in all the wrong boxes! For that matter your kids can throw things in boxes for you. Make it a game. Accept that it isn't going to be perfect. Your kids will grow from helping mommy. I think of all of Jonathan and Daniel's lovely peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was on bedrest for 10 weeks with Anna.... You are right to be going SIMPLE on meals. Bedrest is hard and boring I'll be praying for you!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top