Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hubby left the house last night at 11 p.m. and returned at 2 a.m. after meeting the mission team at the airport. We were all up at 6:45 a.m. to go to the hotel and meet them by 8 a.m. This team is from Winsboro, Texas and they have been VERY good to us this past year. I Facebook some of the wives and even talk on the phone with one of them. Needless to say, I was super excited to meet them. And boy, did they live up to my expectations. They are so kind, friendly, joyful and full of passion for the people here. It was like seeing old friends this morning (although I have never met them). :) John will be working with them and I will be having super with them in the evenings. I get the best part!

After they headed off at 9 a.m., I took the 4 kids to a local lab to have my blood glucose test. It went very quickly (1 hour and 5 minutes). The girls watched a Dora on the Laptop (great thinking, huh?) and the boys finished some written work they needed to do. And I sat there thinking about how much I just wanted to eat so I could feel normal and not be so grumpy. The process was quick and smooth and the drink was VERY yummy. I don't know what it was, but it tasted like pineapple, orange juice. I felt MUCH better after having the drink. It really helped get my blood sugar in order. Not sure if that is a good sign or not.

We then came home and I made the kids some rice for lunch. I was trying to think about what is easy and what they like. Right now, I am going to not worry so much about perfect nutrition for them and will focus on easy things with minimal mess. They were so happy to have Maggi (soy sauce) and rice.

I spent about 2 hours in the boy's room (in a chair of course) with the kids playing all around me. We went through and packed up and organized all of the boy's toys. Their room is pretty much now packed except for the clothes that I need to go through (and they don't have many of them). I can do that sitting down as well. I have only had 4 contractions ALL day so that is a good sign.

I took a nice nap with Jaxson while Avery slept in the other room. Parker and Ally read chapter and history books and sat in the living room quietly while the rest of us rested. I am so glad they love to read and can obey (most days) while we are napping).

I actually have the car for the next 2 weeks so I feel so free. I am debating on taking the kids to the local park, but it is really cold outside. And then I'm wondering if I should continue to sit around on my rear. It is very hard for me to know what is overdoing it.

John is doing a medical mission this week. There are 4 doctors that are treating patients at a church on outskirts of Lima. The medicines that the team shipped over are still stuck in customs/the health department (no surprise there). They sent the medicines well over 2 months ago. There is a chance they might be released on Monday, but they said that last week, like everyday, so I am NOT holding my breath. Everyday there is a different reason why they can't be released. If God wants them to use the meds, then they will be released. If not, then the team still has a GREAT purpose here.

1 comment:

circus of love said...

Rest as much as you need. Somehow it will all get done. God has allowed all this circumstances and knows all that needs to get done. I will be praying for you! Moved a bunch of stuff to our house today. It is kind of like an Easter Egg hunt opening boxes since so many friends were involved in packing. We literally packed and put everything in storage in about 7 days. Crazy packing up 8 years of stuff from one house.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top