Saturday, August 29, 2009

Homebirth Update

The midwife will DEFINITELY treat me with antiobitic shots here at home for Group Beta Strep. She said given my history, she does feel it is the best thing to do. Praise God that she is willing to step outside of what is "normal" for her. I was concerned she was going to deny me antibiotics based on her "principle" of not liking or believing antibiotics. She will not compromise the baby's health or mine and this makes me VERY happy. So for now we will continue with the homebirth unless some kind of crazy emergency arrives. If so, I live 1/2 mile from the hospital and I have a wonderful OBGYN ready and willing to take over as well as a capable midwife who is also an OBGYN. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. Only God knows how it is going to play out and I trust Him. I do know that if there is ANY other red-flag in the slightest I will pull out in a heartbeat. But for now, since she is willing to treat me, John and I see no reason to not continue as planned.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top