Friday, August 28, 2009

CONFUSED!!!

Remember that I am seeing 2 doctors (the homebirth doctor (i'll call her the midwife) and the OBGYN? I saw one yesterday and one today. I'm really too tired to tell you all the details (maybe tomorrow), but there is a chance I won't be having a homebirth after all. The OBGYN is practically begging me to not and is VERY concerned about me having a fifth baby without being treated for group Beta Strep which I have had at least in 3 other pregnancies. The midwife does not check or treat for this potentially life threatening (to me and the baby) bacteria. It can be REALLY serious and even deadly if left untreated during labor and delivery. He is very concerned about the care I have received with her. I left feeling VERY cared about by him and VERY confused. I want to do what is best for the baby. I already paid the midwife the money for the homebirth. I put in a call into her today to see if she will treat me for the Group Beta Strep (in the past she has said no) and also to ask about the money situation. She didn't call me back. There are a few other issues that I have had with her and don't want to get into online, but they do leave me concerned.

I am confused and seriously need "God's wisdom." Is God using the doctor to tell me something or is it just a "paranoid doctor." Or am I too connected to a homebirth?

The dr. did say I could have the baby very naturally at the hospital and go home within 6 hours of the birth. The hospital is less than half a mile away and my neighbor (who is so wonderful) has offered to keep the kids for me while we have the baby. And then we could come home quickly! :)

I dunno what to do! Please pray for me. I have another appt. next Wednesday as the OBGYN says he wants to see me weekly from here on out. I will have my Group Beta Strep results back by then!!!!

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top