Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Still moving on Friday! :) WOOHOO! Packing, planning, etc... John has been spending 12 hour days at the house with the working crews.

The whole family went out to Oasis on Sunday again for church. I think we are going to have to stop taking the kids out there because the fleas just eat Avery and Jaxson up EVERYTIME we go. They suffer so much. It is a hard choice to make, but this particular location is just riddled with fleas and bites become an infestation. UGH! So sad! The exterminators already went to our new home to exterminate!

Our new house will be close to some type of Baptist Church and we have decided that we HAVE to get plugged into a church (especially me and the kids) despite ministry demands. John spent a week doing ministry with the pastor's wife (a doctor) and her daughter and just adored them. So we will try there church in a week or so. We are all needing the encouragement and fellowship that comes from a solid church. I am looking forward to it. We (the kids and I) are not going to be able to have as an active role in ministry once the baby comes anyway and we need to get plugged in soon!

Hundreds of people accepted Christ this summer thanks to the Lord working through the teams coming here. John is trying to follow-up, disciple and start small groups from this. We really need more help. John just can't do it all alone. There are so many people who need discipleship and not enough people to do it.

Prayer:
for me to be joyful amidst all the stress and chaos of moving, pregnancy, etc...
all the house details to continue to go smoothly (it's been amazing that after my last post how smooth things have gone).
for the kid's behavior. Things have not been going so well for sometime now - especially with 1 child imparticular. This saps my joy as you can imagine.
for help in ministry.
for a church home for our family.

5 comments:

Justgottalaugh said...

I will be praying! Can't wait to see pictures of the house:)

laytonfamily said...

praying for these specific needs!! =)

Jonatha said...

I think it is awesome how we can see God answering prayers through your family. I agree about getting involved with a local church, that should help you immensely (I know it did me ;) )

The Byrd's Nest said...

It is interesting how one child and their bad behavior can steal your joy isn't it? I have one too....you already know who she is! lol

I will be praying for all of these needs Jess.

Amanda said...

I will be praying for you! I hope you enjoy the church and agree that you all need to be plugged in somewhere! We miss you!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top