Thursday, October 1, 2009

The pediatric neurologist called me this morning. He is the one who did the ultrasound on Miles' head. He said that although there appears to be no "injuries" to his head, he still wants to continue to monitor him through weekly visits at his office. The conversation was on the phone, in Spanish, and that makes it more difficult. I guess he is concerned with that "shine" they saw on the ultrasound. I have NO idea what that means b/c it just doesn't translate correctly. Anyway, he said he will send his secretary here to get us set-up with next weeks follow-up of his head. It kind of unnerved me a little and I am just praying that everything turns out okay.

The nursery is feeding him water out of a cup. I am glad I don't have to see that. I really do appreciate how the doctor refuses to give the baby a bottle nipple. He said he is very pro-breastfeeding and that giving him a bottle would be detrimental to my milk coming in and with Miles' nursing progress.

Jenn will be here this afternoon and I would be lying if I didn't confess that I am counting down the minutes until she gets here. I could use a BIG hug, someone to hold the baby and maybe a walk outside. I am also hoping she can hold the baby at night when he is restless b/c I simply cannot nurse him all night long. But I understand why he wants to keep nursing.

Anyway, I am going to try to sleep until someone barges in again in 15 minutes. It is just constant.

John called our house helper to come over and watch the kids so that he could be freed up to come here and be with me a little and then pick Jenn up today. Please pray for him as well. I can tell that he is VERY stressed and he is normally super, duper calm.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We are praying! I wish that I was flying to be with you, too:-) I don't have any profound words other than I love you, but God loves you and baby Miles more than anyone and even when you don't sense it or see it, you are in His precious hands. Thanks for posting even when you are so tired.

Amy said...

We are praying! I wish that I was flying to be with you, too:-) I don't have any profound words other than I love you, but God loves you and baby Miles more than anyone and even when you don't sense it or see it, you are in His precious hands. Thanks for posting even when you are so tired.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top