Thursday, October 1, 2009

not as good as we'd hoped

Miles is NOT coming home today. He is dehydrated. His sodium is high and his glucose is low and his bilirubin is rising. My milk has NOT come in yet thanks to all this stress so that is not helping the situation any. He is nursing every 1.5 hours, but the milk is just not here yet. He still needs prayer and I need rest in the worst way. Last night was the longest night. I just kept feeding him and feeding him (not knowing that he was dehydrated), but sensed he wasn't getting enough. He couldn't rest b/c he is hungry and needs more. The doctor is going to give him water out of a cup. He doesn't want to give him a bottle (thank God) b/c he doesn't want to interfere with the nursing process. He said he noticed the baby also has reflux and maybe the reflux caused the apnea episode (like what happened with Jaxson). I am so tired I cannot speak Spanish and am very weapy this morning. This is more difficult that I am by myself while John has to stay home with the other 4 kids. If Jenn wasn't coming in today I don't know what I would do. I am counting down the hours for her to get here so that she can at least hold the baby so I can sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time.

1 comment:

laytonfamily said...

sorry honey - Jake was dehydrated when he was born, and we had to supplement immediately. Thankfully they know what the problem is and able to help. Praying for you all!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top