Sunday, November 29, 2009

A new friend, a new treasure

Well...the much anticipated "first" lunch came at the home of my new friend, Rosita. I think I have found my new best friend here in Peru! She is a solid Christian woman, with a SUPER out-going personality. She is determined, motivated, driven, excited and all around fun to be with; all great qualities. I enjoyed our conversation and her stories. I love to tell stories, too! She corrected my Spanish (another first), was very patient with me as I tried to share with her and was incredibly hospitable. She even ironed Avery's panties (no clothes dryer) when Avery accidentally messed them in the bathroom because she was sitting on the toilet the wrong way. :)

Next week we are having the party, here at our house, for the people from Oasis. Well, Rosita INSISTS that we not buy pre-cooked food from a supermarket. She is going to do all the shopping for me and then she will follow us home from church next week and we will cook the meal together. Since she is extremely reliable, I consented and am really looking forward to it. It will save us a lot of money as well. Praise God!

Rosita is a single mother of two young men, 16 and 18. Her boys are incredibly polite and sweet. Of course, my kids had a great time with them.

We went to the late service today instead of the early morning service since I was going to her house directly after church. Normally we are there from 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. but the 2nd service starts at 11 a.m. and didn't get over until 1:30 p.m. OUCH! And John wasn't with me because he has to work in Oasis. So there I was, the only gringo there with 5 kids in tow alone. I could just feel that all eyes were on me. All that to say, I think I will stick with the first service that is short and sweet and will always have hubby with me.

Anyway, John and I are just praising God for the sweet fellowship and the new friend. :)

I also met another woman named, Isabelle, at church today and she lives very close and said that we should get together. WOW! I am constantly amazed at God's provision of friends and so very thankful that since we started this church that things are coming together for me and I am integrating into the culture more and more.

AND I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE FOOD, THE PANCHAMANCA, WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

PTL! I am soooo very happy for this answered prayer:-) And so happy you have come to love Peru and call it truly home.

laytonfamily said...

HOORAY for new friends!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top