Sunday, February 10, 2008

Born to run!

My little runners competed in their first track meet on Wednesday afternoon. The track meet was held by the track team and all of the kids that ran are on the track team - with the exception of my cuties. Although my babies came in last due to their ages, most of the kids were 9-15, they still ran their hearts out.

Parker did come in first place, however, in the 100 meter dash.

Ally and Parker ran the 100 meter dash, the 1/2 mile and the mile. I ran all of Ally's races with her (except the 100 meter dash). Check out these pictures of us together. I have had some amazing running experiences (running in Central Park in NYC, 2 Disney Marathons, and now running with my 5 year old as she completed her first mile in a real track meet.

And....I almost forgot to tell you that she ran her mile in 9:57. Yes, that means nine minutes and 57 seconds. Can you believe it? I was shocked when I saw her time. I was expecting 13 or 14 minutes, which would be more typical for her age group.

And then my little Parker ran his mile in 9:40 without his mommy by his side and after he competed in all of his other events. He even wanted to go to the track today to practice because there is a meet each Wednesday for the next 3 Wednesdays. So, he ran another mile today for practice.

My heart is extremely proud of them - partially because I am their mom and partially because I am runner (and a running runner at that).
Just goes to show that last isn't always least! :) They did their very best and that is what is important. Check it out:

Parker is on his way to his victory in the 100 meter dash!

Here is little Ally at 5 years old with a beautiful stride, already.

It looks like I am upset with her, but I am telling her that she is a tough girl and she can catch those boys in front of us. Go girl, you can get them - and she was very close! Look how intent she is!



Step for step - What a dream. If anyone knows how to crop and zoom on this picture and still have it a nice quality, I would love to have it!


7 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

so wonderful! It must be like the pride I feel when my daughter sings the Aggie War Hymn just because she wants to, or says, "Mommy, when I grow up I want to be a fightin' Texas Aggie too just like you!"

Mountain Momma said...

Yea Kids!! They did a great job!!

Mountain Momma said...

If you send me the file I can crop it for you...

Amy said...

Cropped the picture. Check your email. I would want a big one of this one, too! What a wonderful day for you all! Can't wait to share this with my family one day, too. My little guy ran in the woods the other day for almost 15 minutes......he may not look a thing like me, but he got my runners heart and legs!

Amy said...

PS....
Get that little gal some proper running shoes:-)

Justgottalaugh said...

What a great day and awesome pictures! Wish I could have been there in person but am soooo thankful for technology, which brings me close.

Jonatha said...

That is an awesome picture with the two of you running! By the way - I forgot to answer you about the coffee - it went great for a couple of weeks, but I ended up starting again. Funny enough, I stopped again today and have a horrendous headache!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top