Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LIES!!!!!

Who has been praying for our marriage? It must be someone out in the world of cyberspace connection. This weekend, I went to a retreat for missionary women (FREE!!!!! but worth like 10,000K) and God used this in my heart in a major way. Can you believe that I - a missionary - was believing at least 3 pages (small pages, okay) of lies from Satan? For some odd reason (must of been your prayers,) I decided to list each lie one by one, and at least 70% of them were about my relationship with John. I was so convicted by these lies that I decided to write the truths out on 3 more pages. Seriously - this was a miracle in changing my thinking. Once I realized that Satan wants to destroy us and our marriage and that I was believing ALL of His lies (he is the father of lies and that is about all he is good for), I quickly turned to the Lord for what His truths are about John. I came home from the retreat ready to give him ALL of my heart - which I have been withholding for awhile because I was consumed by these lies. And once he saw the change that God did he said, "I'm so glad my baby is back." All the glory is to our Lord!

A question for you: What lies are you believing in regards to your husband, children or you life? Write them down, pray over them and then live in the truth. Remember, Satan wants to attack your in your weakest area! :)

3 comments:

Stephen Jones said...

Thanks for reminding us to carefully guard our marriages, and to think and speak positively and truthfully toward our spouses. Satan will take advantage of every little weakness in our marital relationship to drive a wedge between us, create conflict in the home, and gradually render our ministry for Christ ineffective!

Let us love one another as Christ has loved us. And we are reminded from 1 Cor. 13:7-8 that Christ-like love "bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."

Happy Valentine's Day, you guys!

- Pastor Stephen

Amy said...

And just in time for Valentines Day!

dswenson said...

Jess, God used this to really speak to my heart. Thank you for sharing! I was going through something last week and it felt like I was believing a lie. Now reading your post confirms what I was feeling. The Lord gave me Psalm 121:1-3,5 "I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber.....The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side." Love you, Deidre

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top