Sunday, February 24, 2008

My tutor

I just have to brag on my Spanish tutor. She is such a gift from the Lord. Not only do I consider her my friend and sister in Christ, but she is a great teacher as well. Our mission is paying for me to have a tutor because I really struggled with concepts last trimester. I studied and studied and at times just couldn't get it (like complemento direct and indirect). Well, Ana (my tutor) teaches me these hard concepts in English and then we review them in Spanish. Just knowing what they mean in MY heart language have made all the difference for me. I feel like I am finally getting it and I wish I could take credit that it's because I'm so intelligent, but really God has blessed me with 2 wonderful teachers and a radical (does anyone use that word anymore) tutora. We had our Spanish mid-tri reviews on Friday and of course John's were perfect, but I was really surprised that both of my teachers felt like I needed to move up to a highler level Spanish class, a little faster moving class. What an honor. But NO THANKS!!! This semester has been wonderful for me. I am enjoying going slower. My family is thrilled to have me with them in the afternoons not feeling stressed out and my confidence level in Spanish is up. And NO MIGRAINES! All that to say, my tutor is doing a great job and this semester is a million times better for me than last tri! Thanks Ana! She is the best.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top