Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trying to Catch Up

I have a night of no homework, so I've been trying to update like crazy. Here's one post with random tid-bits. Enjoy the pictures in all the other posts:

- Yesterday I decided to hike around the mountain at the bottom of the volcano. It is no exageration when I tell you that I hiked UP one solid mile UP hill before I decide that I couldn't go up anymore. Who knew you could even go UP for that long? It was crazy, but so awesome to see the volcano and doing what I love to do. I felt very close to the Lord. 1 mile? Crazy! That means I had to go one mile DOWN. Can we say stomach cramps?

_ We are still discipling (not disciplining) Blanca (the woman that John lead to the Lord). She is really hungering for the word. She wants to know how to pray and read the Bible. She is reading but not understanding and she even started watching Christian television. She said she never read the Bible before and she is really desiring to grow in the Lord. I am learning a lot from Pam (a career missionary who is teaching me the ropes and my friend). She has been very patient with my Spanish and has been such a doll in letting me share what God lays on my heart during our studies. Please keep praying for Blanca. God laid on my heart some training techniques we learned during training and I'm sincerely looking forward to see her being radically transformed. We meet with her on Wednesday evenings.

- John is preaching for the 2nd time tomorrow. He is preaching about Faith and Obedience without Spanish notes at the House of Restoration! :) He is amazing. God has truly gifted Him.

- I am going to lead, with the Lord's help, my 2nd Bible study at the House of Restoration this Thursday. We are going to start studying the entire book of James and I am glad we are going to be going verse by verse in one book. I do not think jumping around each week is a good idea. Anyway, my teacher is going to let me practice it in class first and hopefully the kinks can be worked out by Thursday.

-Please keep praying for our family as we seek to learn, love and serve!

1 comment:

Justgottalaugh said...

All great news! Thanks for taking the time to update. Love you!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top