Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Leaving and loving it!

Guess where I'm going..........AWAY + FOR FREE = yippee!

A ministry is coming to Costa Rica that ministers to missionary women and they are having a 2 night, 3 day retreat for us for FREE! We even get to stay in a hotel! Did I mention it's for FREE! Their ministry is to encourage and bless missionaries. How awesome is that? A lot of my friends from school are going and it's going to be FUN! This will be my first outing since October away from the kids and the first one in almost 2 years where I wasn't nursing a baby when I left home. I will miss the kids and John, but I think these few days are just what the Lord ordered. I am missing a day and a half of school and will be gone Thursday at noontime until sometime Saturday.

Also, yesterday, 3 of us went prayer-walking in our neighborhoods. It really struck me that if we prayed dilligently all the time that we could see these streets TAKEN OVER for the Lord. I prayed as God led me. We met some women in the park and my friends prayed with them while I played with the kids. We also stumbled upon an elderly daycare and they invited us to pray with them as well. They also said I can come back with my family. It really felt as if the Lord led us there. The Lord also led us to an orphanage type home right around the corner. It was sad to hear the story of these precious little ones with no parents. I wanted to scoop a few up and take them home. Who knew there were ALL these needs in my own neighborhood? I'm going to keep seeking what the Lord might have for us. We are going to continue our prayer walking in 2 more weeks.

Jaxson is improving. His fever was much better today. If he doesn't have one tonight, he can go back to school tomorrow.

P.S. We have a week off in March if anyone wants to come visit!!!! PLEASE!!

3 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

How wonderful! I wish someone would take me away for FREE! Oh wait, that didn't come out right. I wish I could get away for free!

Have an awesome time!!!

kathryn evans said...

So excited for you to get away!!! I understand how important it is. Starting this week, I am going to have Carri-friend come over every Thursday so I can either get things done around the house or run errands and stuff. Just need a break!!!

Pray that Jaxson is better!!!

Justgottalaugh said...

Got room for 8?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top