Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A new OBGYN and bye-bye homebirth!

This week I went to an OBGYN that speaks English. I wasn't feeling comfortable with the other sweet doctor who only speak Spanish. I don't want to leave any room for error with possible communication problems. Plus, I'm not sure her level of care is what I was looking for. This means no homebirth! I am completely okay with this and think it the best given we are living in Peru. I am still going to have a natural labor and delivery as if I was at home. :) Anyway, I went to see Dr. Jaime Gonzalez Del Reigo in his plush, brand-new, American like office on the 10th floor of a tower. It's a far cry from the dump I went to for my last appointment. Oops, did I say that? Needless to say, I am happy with my change in decision and feel like he is the best doctor for me. He lived in the U.S. for 22 years and speaks English without an accent. He sounds like us. Anyway, he did an ultrasound and the baby looked EXACTLY like the baby in my ticker. How cool! He said my uterus is definitely bigger than 8 1/2 weeks (which is why I have a cute baby bump already). I guess this happens when you decide to have 5 kids! :) The baby measure exactly to the day! YEAH! With a great, strong heart-beat. All of my blood work came back perfect, so...so far, so good. I am still really sick, which is causing me to be grumpy and down. Your prayers are still needed. John says this is the sickest I have been in my pregnancies. I think he is right. Thank you for praying for this precious life. Just to see and hear the heartbeat on the ultrasound brought tears to my eyes and made me declare that "THIS IS WORTH IT!" THIS IS WORTH IT! The blessing is a miracle. It has brought me closer to my other 4 blessings. They are just bouncing off the walls in anticipation. So am I!!!

3 comments:

Jonatha said...

That sounds wonderful! I am so happy he explained about the uterus since I have the baby bump too ;)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh how wonderful Jess that you found an English speaking doctor. We are praying big Texas prayers for all of you...hopefully you will be feeling better soon;)

Janet said...

Hope you stop feeling sick soon! And I can so relate to finding a doctor who speaks English well - the comfort factor is so worth it. Blessings, Janet.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top