Saturday, February 20, 2010

Christmas Ministry Party

Before Christmas, we hosted a party for the church leaders in Oasis, in our home. They live in such extreme poverty and we wanted to give them an afternoon of blessings, food, fellowship, fun and free from problems. I cooked deserts for 2 days and we had typical Peruvian food (made by my friend). During the party, we gave out presents to all the little kids, stuffed their bellies, played a game, and had a sweet time of praise. Everyone kept saying what a blessing it was to be here. Some of our neighbors were appalled that we would have "poor" people in our home and they were concerned about their stuff getting stolen. Of course, nothing happened and all went well. This was one of the sweetest days we have had in ministry since we got here. I will remember it for the rest of my life. I hope they will, too!

Some time of Praise!!!

Alberto - the man who will be the Pastor of the church plant - worshipping the Lord!
John giving a devotion and leading a time of worship!
All the kids getting ready to receive their presents!

We played a game where we had to "sing a song" with animal noises. I think we were cats and we were singing song going "meow" and the others had to guess the song.

Enjoying some food!

The leaders of the church loading up their bellies! NO - NONE of them speak English!!

Our entire group (except for John) since he was taking the picture!

2nd try!

Hanging out in the back patio! Fun times!

1 comment:

Justgottalaugh said...

You've posted so much since I last checked in so I'm trying to get caught up.
I love Ally's dress in these pics:)
You look beautiful!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top