Wednesday, February 10, 2010

playing catch up with blogging

Where to start?

Well, a few weeks ago Miles had his 4 month check up and he is actually considered advanced with all his rolling over. His head progress is PERFECT. I guess he has become a back sleeper since he refuses to sleep on his belly. Unfortunately, his sleep is not as sound as it was when he stayed put on his belly. (video of him flipping himself over to come). He weighs a little over 15lbs. and is in the 50th percentiles for height and length, and 75% for his head. He smiles and talks to us constantly. The doctor said we don't even need to return to the neurologist because he is absolutely, perfectly normal and right on track. We could not agree more. Avery is really smitten with him and spends most of her time rubbing his head and just touching him while she lays next to him sucking her fingers.

Speaking of Avery, her birthday is next week and she will be turning four. I have tried every which way to get out of having a party, but she is not to be detoured. So, we are having a party with a few other families (although I still need to invite them) and a water bounce slide thingy. She can hardly contain her excitement.

We found out that Jaxson and Ally will be in the same class at school. The classes are so small (3-4 kids), that they put first and 2nd grade together. Ally is not thrilled about it, but I think it will be good for them to be together everyday. I am really pleased at this latest development. Please pray for them as they start this new stage of life.

John and I are continuing to "push play" every night on our P90X workouts after the kids go to sleep. Boy is he getting ripped and strong. My running is dramatically improving. I am kind of surprised at that. And I think I might be leaning up as well. I do know that I am getting stronger than I have been in years. We are enjoying our time together every night after the kids go to bed.

Ministry is going well. John is working a lot these days and stays constantly busy. He is meeting with local pastors to help get them involved in reaching their own people here.

John has been a doll to do breakfast with the kids every morning so that I can shower, nurse the baby and spend time with the Lord. Mornings are NOT my best time anyway, so I appreciate that he is taking over that responsibility and also protecting my quiet time. And when I do come downstairs to start the day with the kids, I am refreshed in the Lord, awake and not at all grumpy. I can't tell him thank you enough.

1 comment:

Stephen Jones said...

Thanks for the update. Great to hear what's been going on lately with your family and ministry. What a praise to hear about Myles' health and progress!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top