Wednesday, February 24, 2010

transitioning is not for me

Have I mentioned that I don't do well in transition? Not even in transitiong to school life for the kids. I am super tired and have no desire to exercise. Just getting through the day is good enough. Hopefully next week the transition stage will be calming down for all of us. The kids are doing EXCELLENT!!!!

Jaxson is going to Kindergarten!!!!! :( :) :( It is what is best for him. I'm sure that class is advanced, too, if the first grade class is any indicator. Thanks, Jennifer, for your encouragement and e-mail as it helped seal my decision. Jaxson is 6 and needs to play, not do school for 7 hours and then 2 more at home. I do not want my kids to lose their childhood in the name of education. Avery is thrilled to have her best-friend back since he will only be at school 3 days a week. So tomorrow he stays home with us. I am glad to have him home again as well. And I think the afternoons will go better without all the stress of trying to fit a square peg in a round whole if you know what I mean.

I went out with John today, and the two little ones, to do visitation. On a side note, have I mentioned how easy it feels when we only have 2 or 3 kids? Anyway, I got to see my friends Jenny, Christina and Brigida (all Peruvians) out in our area of ministry. It was wonderful to catch up with them and hear what is going on in their lives and hopefully encourage them. I felt the Lord lay on my heart to buy food for my friend, Christina, and her family. They hadn't eaten anything today and I had no idea. They only had a glass of milk that the government gives them. She was so thankful and just kept saying that it was "divine." I have to agree. I can't tell you how much it filled my soul to be out doing what God has brought us here to do. I know John does it daily, but it was nice for me to "personally" be on the front lines. I will go back in 2 weeks.

Please pray for a medical issue that I am having. Please pray I will have wisdom in how to handle it and how to proceed. ;) Thanks!

4 comments:

Layton Family said...

oh my - I'm praying for you for sure concerning your health!

Shawna said...

Sounds like the right place for Jaxson. I was going to write you to do this very thing but then this entry gave me the encouraging news that you had. Believe me, in ABeka he will be PLENTY challenged as a kindergardener and with his busy personality he will really enjoy the 3 day class schedule, too.

I am proud of you for continuing to stick it out getting up and getting them ready and then doing the afternoon routine! It is a huge transition for all of you and I hope you give yourself plenty of grace! And the kids, too!

A ministry day every other week sounds like fun! I hope the fleas don't stop it!

Shawna

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you all. I will pray about your health also. Mary Joe McLamb

Amanda said...

hey girl! i will def be praying for your health! miss u!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top