Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cookies glorious cookies

Since I have been headache free for 48 hours (thank you, Jesus), we celebrated by making cookies and frosting from scratch (thanks Aimee for the recipe - very easy and very good). Okay, they are suppose to be red and green and not pink and green. Oh well, we tried. Ally joined us despite being very ill today. I was glad to see she was finally up and around a little bit. Avery decided to join in on the fun. On that note, I can't believe how well Jaxson did. He rolled and cut and frosted like a pro. He wants to be a chef when he grows up. For fun, he takes the cutting board and a butter knife and cuts up grass. I'm NOT joking. This is like his favorite thing to do. Tonight he told me he can't wait to be 10 so he can start cooking for us.

We generally don't let the kids watch television, but they are allowed to watch Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals and Emerila Lagasse's cooking show here and there. Ally told me that I needed to put flour on the counter because Rachel Ray says so. Parker told me that my frosting needed to be thicker because that's how Rachel Ray likes it! Thanks Rachel, your making me look bad over here.

I was going to study today, but everyone says I need to relax and not think about school so much - even my grammar teacher was lecturing me about enjoying life more. Sooooo..... if I do poorly on my verb test on Monday, maybe I can just give my teacher some cookies .

One of Avery's many faces. Check out the pig-tail. This will definitely be a picture we show at her wedding reception.
Check us out! We love cookies!
Pink and Green -the new Christmas colors. The chocolate covered peanut butter balls are still in the freezer! Yummy!

And my husband came home with this for me! WOOHOOOO! I just have to be careful because my knee was already a little sore from it. But it is sooooo much fun - especially when it feels like I'm going 50 MPH down a hill!! Thanks John!
UH OH! She pooed on the counter. Okay, not really. It's an egg-yolk that Avery broke. Can you tell she knew she shouldn't have touched the egg?

Our Christmas corner. We broke down and bought stockings! This made me and the kids very happy. Look at the tree! It's a wreck. The wind keeps blowing it over. I give up!

I guess we need a bigger trash can! Too funny not to share. This made my husband really happy when he saw what I had done. Love covers a multitude, right?

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

GOOD JOB!!!!! I'm so glad your relaxing a little. And congrats on the new bike, it's perfect. Have fun this weekend, I'll see you Monday.

ptamom3 said...

You are too funny! Looks like the cookies turned out great and what a great family thing to do together! I know the kids love baking- mine do anyway :) I'm glad your headaches have eased up the last couple days-I pray it continues to be that way!
Oh and I think that is my trashcan buried under there because I have a stack that looks just like it. Love, Tammy

Jonatha said...

Yay for the bike! I'm hoping to get to ride mine soon - once we get to warm enough weather! Why don't you share the recipe with us? :) I've been praying for you - hopefully you won't have to take the medicine for an extended amount of time, I know that can be challenging as well.

Mountain Momma said...

We have to take our garbage in to town to get rid of it so mine always looks that way! I thought I was the only one...

Looks like the cookies were a sucess...Red is a hard to get without getting bitter!

Have fun with the new bike! Glad your feeling a little better.

Grannie Rains said...

I loved the Cookies Glorious Cookies, I have sent it to Guy Fieri and asked him to send the pictures and comments to Rachel Ray. We will see, I'll let you know.
Merry Christmas
Grannie Rains

Justgottalaugh said...

Man, Avery is Ally all over again! I just can't believe how much they favor each other. Avery has grown so much since we saw you this summer. I'm so thankful for blogs- I can't bear the thought of not being to see pictures, at least. I remember Jaxson always wanting to help me in the kitchen when I would watch the Pham kiddos (oh, where have those days gone?). I'm not surprised at his love for cooking because the other 23 kids would be playing around the house and Jaxson would be up at the counter with me :) Ok, I'm missing you terribly about now- gotta go!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top