Saturday, December 1, 2007

Joseph

Last night we had an IMB conference about spiritual renewal. The story of Joseph was "storied" to us in an oral manner - the way we will be storying the Bible to our people group in Lima, Peru. It is such a neat way to have the Bible taught to us. We listen, review, reflect and then respond. The story becomes very personal this way. Anyway, I wasn't really excited about attending the conference b/c of the head issues, constant busyness and being away from the kids yet again. However, the time was very sweet and encouraging. God reminded me that He is not done with my story yet and that He uses every kind of hardship to fulfill His greater purpose. I was deeply convicted to embrace these times instead of whining and complaining about them. Joseph didn't look back on his life seeing a life of errors in His attitude. I'm sure he was able to look back and see that "God in Him" and his attitude were right on. I'm not a Bible scholar, so I don't know, but just something I observed. All that to say that the study was exactly what I needed and I left feeling encouraged and with a bit of a better perspective. Also, God used Joseph everywhere that He put him and they were difficult situations. I want that to be the case for us as well.

Today is the 2nd part of the spiritual renewal conference, but I am home with Ally who isn't feeling so well. We are thrilled to have this time together. She is dozing off right now.

John's dad is doing fine and should be going home in a day or so. He will be in intensive physical therapy.

I have been headache free for 36 hours. The meds make me extremely tired and almost dopey. I do prefer tiredness to the latter. I'm happy to have had this past day or so without the pain. :)

P.S. John is going to buy me a bicycle with some Christmas money we received, so that I can get some outside exercise by myself since I'm never alone. The word never is not an exaggeration. Anyway, I'm not too keen on walking by myself because it's not safe. And I am use to running outdoors and would love to have some time alone, OUTSIDE, to clear my head. So we thought a bike would be a good stress reliever, an exercise helper and a way to see the surrounding areas of where we live. I am SUPER excited! :) Plus, we can sell it when we leave.

1 comment:

Michael and Kristi Rains said...

Glad you enjoyed the conference. Did Calvin Morris lead it? He led one last year that we really enjoyed. We liked having SAM folks visit in CR. The bike sounds like fun. I know you'll enjoy getting out and having alone time. Maybe it will help the headaches, too.
Kristi

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top