Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LIFE

Jenn has already come and gone! We had a wonderful time. We took a boat ride out of the city for 4 hours to go see a special island filled with seals. It had over 8,000 seals on the island. We couldn't get off of the boat except for to swim, but we passed on that because it was very cold and stinky. It was a beautiful boatride (except for my seasickness). Ally and Parker came with us and they enjoyed it as well. We also took a 3 hour tour of the city that was wonderful. Unfortunately, it only shows you the prettiest, nicest parts of the city. It doesn't show you the "true" Lima. The Lima that we work in each Sunday. After excercising, shopping, ministry, and eating, it was time for her to fly out last night. It was sad to say good-bye, but we are thankful for her visit.

On Sunday we had a good turnout at church, despite the drizzles. I hesitate to even call it sprinkling. It was just wet outside, but people still showed up nonetheless. We even had 4 new women come. The new leaders (David and Alberto) are rising up to run the service, lead worship and do the Bible study. YEAH!! John preached and did a great job (in my humble opinion). We even have a consistent "national" volunteer to help with the children. I particapted/helped in the Bible study and really enjoyed it.

This Thursday is my first mom's group. All of the women seemed really excited about it and they took a lot of invitations to pass out to their neighbors. We have no idea how many to expect. We could get as few as 3 or as many as 30. Only God knows. This Wednesday, I will be sharing about having a Positive Attitude in the home and how it affects our children and their behavior and outlook on life. I am starting with the verse from Proverbs that says "A wise woman builds her house, but a foolish woman tears it downs with her own hands." As I have been preparing, God has given me some wisdom to share. And I must say, that teaching this type of material has brought me to a completely new level of accountability in my own home, for which I am very thankful.

The "Nanny" came yesterday for about 11 hours and helped us with the kids. We wanted to try her for a full-day when we were around more to help and guide her. She knows how things run around here, for the most part and the kids enjoy her. She is extremely shy and quiet, so I am having to get use to this. I talk, talk, talk so it is quite different relating to someone who barely speaks. But she does very well with the kids and following our routine. We are still working on the manipulating factor from the Pham kids.

Next Monday night our first team comes in for the summer. I am concerned about my ability to handle such long days. I have decided that if I have to, I will just not go every single day. I have found that if I go, go, go for many days, I easily crash and burn. I need consistent, rest, downtime and naps. Oh yeh, and a good nights sleep.

Well, we are excited about all that is happening. Please keep praying. I will keep you posted. John is leading a Bible study today, 2 tomorrow, and he is helping a Peruvian, who is from America but here for the summer, start another study in a brand new area! WOW! God's Word is definitely being preached by the Phamily as much as possible. :)

2 comments:

circus of love said...

God is at work!!! So many exciting things. Praise God!!! Praying for energy for you all and wisdom too. Remember to rest when you need to. Love you all!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

This is all such great news Jessica. God will continue to give you the energy you need to do His work....I just know it!

I am praying for your Bible study.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top