Thursday, June 11, 2009

Nanny update and other stuff

The nanny showed up on Wednesday night! We stayed with her for about 3 hours before we headed out to grab a bite to eat at a local sports grill. We watched the first half of the Magic game (in English). The only bummer was that the nanny didn't seem to have control of the house and we were called no less than 8 times. We arrived home at 9:30 p.m. to 2 kids wondering the house and refusing to go to sleep. This would NEVER happen if we were home. The kids seemed to like her, but I am wondering if it is because they were able to manipulate her! LOL! We are going to have her a few more times before our teams come. I'm still not totally convinced she is the woman for us. But hey, she arrived early and she actually arrived!

Today my good friend and running partner, Jenn, comes to visit. I am so excited I can't concentrate. I probably won't be blogging while she is here.

Well, I haven't been on Facebook, or the computer at all, much for about 5 days and I can't tell you how wonderful it has been for me. I feel so free and liberated. When I have time, I want to share with you a testimony about "Facebook" and the internet in general and how God using it's lack of presence in my life to grow and strengthen me.

I am at Starbucks right now planning for my Mom's group (please keep praying) and am about to meet with another missionary woman. We are studying "Becoming God's True Woman" By Nancy Leigh DeMoss. The more I read, the more I see how I continually fall short. I praise Jesus for His grace.

Everyday I am more overwhelmed with the fact that God would choose to use an irritable sinner like me to reach His people. I am so humbled by who I am and who He is. I pray that I can effectively share His love and plan to the women in the south cone. I sincerely mean that!!!

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I can see how FB would be a challenge while serving in another country because the ability to have conversation would draw you constantly back to America. I pray for you often Jessica and I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do with your new women's group!!!! Have a great time with your friend.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top