Sunday, June 7, 2009

WOOHOOO! A fresh ministry vision for Jessica from God!!!!

God has given John and me a fresh vision!

Instead of tutoring on Thursday mornings like I have been, with John's help, I am going to start a Mom's Group in Oasis.

This week we are going to start inviting and spreading the word, as well as coming up with a particular plan on what to teach and then next Thursday I am going to start the group.

This will be a time of encouraging the woman as wives (those who are married) and mothers. We will cover everything from child-rearing, discipline, character-traits to being a Godly mother, wife and woman. We will have coffee and bread and childcare (that would be John) for all of the women who attend. Initially, it will be very small and inimate, but I am hoping it will grow and we can expand it to include activities for kids and maybe even an activity (easy craft) for the mom's. Of course, I can't do this by myself so for now we are sticking with teaching and snacks. The purpose of this is to instill Biblical Truths about womanhood, parenting and marriage into the hearts of these women. Many of them have NEVER been taught the first thing about child-rearing or raising Godly children. The culture here is to have the school system teach your children any and all things. If you know me, then you these subjects are such a passion of mine.

John and I feel very passionate and excited about this and are so sure this is what God is calling us to do. I have been praying for SUCH a long time for how God wants to use me with the specific gifts that He has given me and this was completely John's idea (from God, of course). It's the first ministry opportunity, since we have been here, that I feel confident and eager to do. This is something I can continue to do while the ministry teams are here this summer. It will not take more time away from my family since I am giving up tutoring to start this endeavor and it is something we can continue after the baby is born. And...it will certainly help my Spanish as well as remind me of what I "personally" need to be doing in my home (practicing what I preach, essentially)!! :)

Please be praying about "what" I should teach, who is going to come and that the hearts be open and ready to receive these truths. And please be praying that God would use my bad Spanish to share His love and plans for these people.

I am super, duper thrilled! Thanks for praying. Please continue as we try to get this up and running very quickly! We are counting on God's continued direction!

4 comments:

circus of love said...

I am soooo excited for you in this new vision. It so fits who God has created you to be! I can't remember who I was talking to but I was sharing some piece of wisdom you had shared with me about parenting and that other gal had a similar experience with you as well. So anyway, what I am trying to say is...take that passion that God has placed in you and let HIM run with it! It sounds like it will fill such a great need there as well. I will be praying for you and especially for John with childcare.:)

Aimee's Cabins said...

I love this!! We will be praying for you!

Stephen Jones said...

Sounds like a need opportunity and a perfect fit. We'll be praying.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Jessica....I will be praying. This sounds perfect for you!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top