Tuesday, June 2, 2009

OB Update

Yesterday, I met with my new homeopathic OB, who will deliver the baby at home. She is a German woman that has lived in Peru for well over 20 years. She speaks English, German and Spanish. She runs her own little private clinic, near my house, where women can birth in the clinic. She also delivers babies in the privacy of a woman's home. She has been delivering since 1996.

She spent over an hour and a half with me yesterday (you won't find that in America). She answered all of my questions and I did the same for her. The visit was lovely and I feel very confident that she is the person that should deliver the baby in our home (wherever that might be at the time - LOL). She is exceptionally organized and on top of things. She gave me a list of things I need to do this month and one of them was to run. My last doctor here continually discouraged me from running (which I completely didn't agree with), but this Dr. agrees that it one of the best things for my body and for the baby.

I will see here again in 4 weeks, on June 30 and at that time I will pay for the birth and all of my appointments. The grand total comes to $1,000.00 American dollars for everything. What a great deal, huh?

Everything is still looking great with the baby. I am measuring 22cm for 22 weeks and he had a nice, strong heart-beat. My weight gain is about 12-14 lbs. (depending on what scale I stand on and what I am wearing).

I left the appointment extremely satisfied that FINALLY I had found an English speaking doctor who can give me a homebirth. Don't get me wrong, I loved the other guy too, but he only works in the hospital with a 70% c-section rate.

Thanks for praying for all of this with me. John and I are really at peace and are more excited than ever to welcome our new baby into our home at the end of September, beginning of October! :)

2 comments:

Stephen Jones said...

Hooray, so glad you found a good doctor!

Jonatha said...

Can I come there and share your doctor?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top