Saturday, July 10, 2010

Discipline

Discipline. I need more discipline in my life. Not the kind of discipline you give to your children when they disobey, but the type of discipline that develops good habits and keeps you on the right track.


Discipline like:


Waking up early to be with God everyday.
Going to bed earlier so that I can wake up early to be with God everyday.
Spending deliberate time with each kid.
Being disciplined in my eating and exercise and not all over the map with it.
Being purposeful in speaking the name of Jesus from lips.
Being intentional about sharing what God has rescued me from and praising him more to others (not just on my blog).
Keeping my mouth shut when I ought to.
And being disciplined enough to do hard things that are good for my life.


The most successful people in the world, I guarantee you, are not lazy or purposeless. They are the exact opposite and every day has a purpose for them. I know what my purpose is, but I am definitely not intentional everyday. I am praying, today, that God will make me more focused, intentional, disciplined and obedient on ALL levels.


He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly. (Proverbs 5:23)

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11)

post signature

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my heavens...I could have written every single one of these for myself....I was thinking about this the other day. Thank you for putting it into words for me:)

Praying for discipline!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top