Friday, July 9, 2010

Drum roll please....language evaluation results

Have you ever heard of the song by Rebecca Saint James that goes like this?.....

"God.....truly God!"

The language results are in and I echo those words. God....truly God!

John and I BOTH received Advanced High scores. Advanced HIGH! The next step is superior which will take several more years.  It was fully expected that John would make Advanced High, but me? No way. The evaluation they use is for ALL languages and is recognized by the United Nations. So it's not just something the IMB made up.

All I can say is that God showed up in a big way and that he rewarded me for focusing on my family and not my language. I tried very hard to not sacrifice my children on the alter of ministry or language.

What does all this mean? We are free! We met the IMB's requirements for language learning and we NEVER have to take another language evaluation again. Never!!!

I'm skipping and hopping and jumping around like a little kid (not as I type this, of course) with my hands held high. God....truly God!
post signature

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am so so so excited for you!!!!! That is so awesome! I don't know if you read my last comment on skype but the new rule now is that we (newer missionaries) have to take an OPI every year.....oh I am so sad that Rebecca is retiring...maybe I could just miracously hit advanced high before she leaves!!! lol

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top