Thursday, November 1, 2007

Christmas is coming.....and Parker wants.......

This morning we were talking about Christmas and I told Parker, "When people ask me what you want for Christmas, I am going to tell them that you could use a pair of....." I was going to say "crocs" before I was cutely interrupted.

He chimmed in "tell them that what I want for Christmas is to be with my family. Tell them I want to go back to Florida at Christmas."

As the Christmas season approaches, Parker is realizing that the holidays are about friends and family. He recognizes that what he has experienced the past 6 years will be incredibly different this time.

A few weeks ago, we were in a local store and he saw all of the Christmas decorations and he started bawling - right there in the store. He is a very sensitive young man - in case I haven't mentioned that before. In between tears, I heard something about Christmas not being the same. We assured him that this Christmas was going to be full of joy, Jesus and all of us being together.

I know that I mentioned it before, but praise God that my dad and step-mom are coming here for Christmas. When I reminded Parker of this this morning, he was thrilled and he didn't even think about going back to Florida again. Since we can't go to Florida, we are bringing Florida to us. :)

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

My Cassy is sensitive like Parker. She seems to "feel" things more than the other girls. I'm still waiting for my girls to realize their Christmas will be different this year. How sweet for your family to be coming there! How is Christmas celebrated there?

Justgottalaugh said...

Give Parker a hug from the Robinsons :)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top