Monday, November 26, 2007

Migraines, verbs, Avery, snowcones and ox-carts!

Thank you all for your prayers for my migraines. If you could continue to pray that would be wonderful. I had another one Saturday night, but was migraine free yesterday and today. However, I felt that my body was trying very hard to bring another one on today, but I decided I wouldn't accept it AND I took an excedrin migraine. I am going to see the doctor again tomorrow b/c I feel that 4 migraines in 8 days is a bit excessive for a person who doesn't suffer from them.

In other news. Have you ever wondered how we remember so many vocabulary words? I'm sure this keeps you up at night. Here are a few ways I remember tricky things:

Alfombra (rug) - because ALF (the tv character) was very furry....just like a rug.

Colgar (to hang) - I'm going to hang my colgate toothbrush on the rack! :) Get it!

Cobrar (to charge) - A cobra charges. So when I want to use the word...I just think of a Cobra!

Aspero (rough) - because asp reminds me of Aspen, Colorado. And the people who go there DO NOT have it rough!

Espeso (thick/dense) - because it sounds kind of like espresso.....And I think of a thick, sloshy espresso and then I am reminded of Espeso! :)

And there you have it! Now you know my tricks!

I had to make this slideshow to show you the MANY faces of Avery! Too cute! Never the same face twice. She is quite the ham.


This slideshow is from the cultural parade we went to on Sunday. It was called the ox-cart parade in downtown San Jose. We had a blast. Take a look at the snowcones. They were made of ice, strawberry syrup, powdered milk (YUK), and condensed milk (double yuk). All I have to say is: DELICIOUS! Who would've thought? Enjoy the culture through our pictures.

4 comments:

Mountain Momma said...

Love the pictures!! Avery sure is a cutie...The snow cones look pretty yummy too!! I will pray for you that the doctor will be able to find out what is causing the headaches. I know that is rough...take care girl!

Mountain Momma said...

Love the pictures!! Avery sure is a cutie...The snow cones look pretty yummy too!! I will pray for you that the doctor will be able to find out what is causing the headaches. I know that is rough...take care girl!

Kristi said...

John and Jess,
I love the pictures. I can not believe how much the kids are changing. They all are getting so big. We will be praying for all of you during this time of migranes. I know how it affects everyone.
Love you guys!

Karen said...

The kids are getting so big! Too cute! Give everyone hugs and kisses from the Hayhurst family.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top