Tuesday, November 6, 2007

God is at work

First things first: Kind of out of left field, I know, but Parker has pneumonia. He started coughing like crazy in the middle of Sunday night and it quickly turned bad. I took him to the school doctor today because of my concern about how his chest sounded, and the doctor confirmed, as did the chest x-ray, what I had suspected this morning, that he has Pneumonia. The good news is that we can treat him at home and he does not require a hospital stay. Praise the Lord. Parker is on lots of meds and is resting somewhat comfortably. He had a big shot of antibiotics in his rump today, which has left him with some considerable pain. Also, his stomach is hurting - which the doctor said is very common with pneumonia. If you could lift him up to the Lord that would mean so much to us.

On another note, I know that I said I would share what the Lord is teaching me through SEW, but honestly, the stuff we are covering is very deep and hard to re-explain. But mostly, the issues that the Lord is working on in my heart right now is very personal and tender to me. I'm all about transparency, but these are things that God is still taking me through and I hope to share them one day when I am on the other side of them, not smack-dab in the middle. For now, I am enjoying the journey that God is carrying me through with Him.

I have stuck to my word about not blog-reading. UGH!! It's harder than I thought, but it has been good in helping me focus. Boy, it saves a lot of time to not read. I can't wait to catch up with my buds, though.

This week has been exactly what I needed. God, once again, has shown me his faithfulness in meeting me right where I am. I will write something in my morning journal and then the speakers at school will cover those exact issues that day. We are learning about the message of the Gospel penetrating our hearts and lives in all areas. Like I said, it has proven to be very deep, but quite necessary. I just give praise to our Heavenly Father for loving us and giving all of us in language school this time to refocus. I'm grateful to be worshipping each day with 130ish people who are being sent out all across South and Central America to take the news of Christ to a world that needs to hear. What a privilege and honor to worship our Lord with these fellow heirs to the thrown.

2 comments:

The McClain's said...

I just want to thank you both for being so real and transparent and taking time to share how and what God does in your lives...the story about Ronnie is so much like God and it is so not like us to take the time to answer those divine appointments he arranges for us- Praise the Lord you guys did!

I thank God for bringing you to Costa Rica and the lives being so greatly encouraged by your presence here- mine included!

Love,
Brooke :)

Mountain Momma said...

I will be praying for Parker that he will be feeling better really soon and that you two will have a great time at SEW and God will speak to both of you in amazing ways.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top