Saturday, November 3, 2007

Spiritual Emphasis Week

This coming Monday is the beginning of a week long spiritual emphasis at school. Otherwise known as: Spiritual Emphasis Week. The REALLY good news is that this means we will have NO homework or tests for 1 solid week. PRAISE THE LORD!! We will go to classes as normal, but we will attend chapel every morning for an hour and will also return in the evening for more Bible teaching and encouragement - kind of like Life Action Ministries, I suppose.

So... in honor of SEW, I was going to fast from blogging during the week, but John and I came up with another idea instead. I am going to fast from reading OTHER people's blogs (this is a fun hobbie, you know, that can take up time). I will use that time for extra time with the Lord, instead. So.....after tonight, no more blog checking for me until next Saturday - I'll have so much good stuff to catch up on though when I do return.

AND....next week I am only going to blog about what God has taught me for the day through Spiritual Emphasis Week. Make sense? John thinks me sharing what God is teaching me is more helpful to others than me not blogging at all.

To say I am looking forward to this upcoming week is a gross understatement. I cannot wait for it to get here!

I am not going to blog again until Monday evening....so stay tuned. But for now, enjoy the pictures. They should tide you over for awhile. :)

2 comments:

Audge said...

OK so technically I'm not supposed to like your page since I'm a seminole fan, but... It's great!
Hope that y'all are doing wonderful!
Seems like you are!
Audrey =)

Jonatha said...

I was thinking of something along the same lines, but I couldn't make a decision about specifics. I think I'll take a break from reading blogs each Sunday. Thanks for the idea - I hope you have a wonderful "emphasis" week. What joy you will find!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top