Thursday, March 27, 2008

Daddy is gone.........and......

When daddy is away...the family will play.

John has set sail via bus for Panama to renew his tourist visa. He will resume relations with his family on Sunday. :) We will surely miss him, but we are going to PARTY!!!!!! He was the only one in the family not granted a student visa here in C.R. b/c of some problems with his Vietnamese birth certificate. Long story!

Bible study today at the house of restoration = MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

After the study, one woman pulled me aside to share some problems she is having with her daughter who won't forgive her. Boy, have I been on the other side of that coin (the one who won't forgive). She is going to try to get her daughter to come next week so that we can talk. It's neat to see how God uses every experience from our past (good or bad) for His purposes. I was able to prayer fervently for this woman. She loves the way English sounds, so she allowed me to prayer for her in English.

My friend Pam and I discipled Blanca last night and we are trying to teach her about prayer and reading the Bible! So far, so good! Please keep praying for her.

On another note, Jaxson's language is adorable: Yesterday he said, "People shouldn't glitter."

Translation: People should not litter!

Today he said, "I like helltells."

Translation: I like hotels!

Tonight he said: "I'm thirty!"

Translation: I'm thirsty

AND PTL!!!!!! I met a woman here with similar child-rearing and child-having beliefs and we have bonded from the moment that we met. Her name is Jessica, and she is pregnant with her third kid and she is going to have as many kids as the Lord will give her, she's a homeschooling mom like myself, a missionary and our personalities are very similar. She laughs at my stories and I laugh at hers. We can talk non-stop for hours like old friends. We have so much in common and we share so many of the same beliefs and values about families and parenting. I just praise the Lord for bringing her into my life (although she will quickly exit in August) because we can swap parenting ideas and share our visions for our families! And now we have EACH OTHER and our 7 kids! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

PTL....Imagine...someone LIKE YOU all the way in Costa Rica! God is surely good:-) I have been praying that you find a kindred spirit there!

Love,
AJB

Michael and Kristi Rains said...

At least John knows the reason for not receiving his student visa. We never received ours (although the paperwork was accepted and approved), and we never knew why. We just never received the stamp in our passports. I guess that's life outside the USA.
Hope he enjoys his short vacation!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top