Monday, March 31, 2008

STRESS

Okay, so I went to the ENT today for some nose and ear problems and allergies. No big deal, but just wanted to breathe a little better. Of course I have a deviated Septum and sinus inflammation that's pushing against my eustation tubes (spelling) and lots of allergies. Going to start on some sinus spray and other stuff. No biggie - so I think. But then the ENT notices some spots on my arms and says I either have fungus or allergies ( I think it's allergies). And then she tells me that the inside of my throat is stained white and she is concerned. Why would you be concerned about this? Well, she said that stomache acid, when one is under stress, will reflux up and stain the tongue white. The kind of white you can't brush off. And my tongue is SUPER white. HMMMMMM! Could I have stress in my life. Well, remember the chest pains I complained about a few weeks ago...well now I have my answer - reflux from stress. So, she wants me to have a GI scope. Then, she said I HAVE to see a urologist for some other issues (I have a bladder disease) and a kidney stone follow-up (I had 6 stones last year that I haven't followed up on. Okay, can you believe I'm only 32? Anyway, this is what stress will do to your body - send it crazy. And the ENT said I have GOT to get my body back in symmetry b/c one problem causes another. Bladder inflammation causes allergie problems and inflammation in other parts of the body. Blah, blah, blah!!! And I need to alleviate stress. I said that I would have to quit language school for that to happen! :) She was a a VERY thorough and nice doctor and I seriously only went for a stuffy nose. I left a little overwhelmed and of course stressed. I don't have time for appointments and stuff. Seriously don't have time! So I made dermatologist appt. for me and Jaxson in MAY (he needs to go anyway). So look in the back of your mouth and see if it stained white. If it doesn't brush off then you'll know why!!!! STESSS!!!!!

But the truth is that this semester I have felt life is very balanced and going well. I have felt much calmer and more even keel. And I've only cried 4 times in 4 months instead of 18 times a month. So, all that said, God has really brought my stress level down and helped me to balance it more.

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

Stress? I can't imagine what you have to be stressed about?! Seriously, I will pray for you as well - I'm glad to hear you are doing so much better - it is amazing how time can heal us!

kathryn evans said...

I will pray that your body gets the chance to rest and heal and catch up with your more relaxed self.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top