Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Homeschooling Choices - in case you care

THANK YOU to everyone for your homeschooling advice. Here is what, after much research and deliberation and prayer, I decided to order for this next year. THANK YOU IMB AND ALL THOSE WHO GIVE TO THE LOTTIE MOON CHRISTMAS OFFERING SO THAT WE CAN EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN SO WELL

Anyway, we are huge Hooked on Phonics and Right Start Mathematics fans. The Konos and Bible program will be new to us. I seriously appreciate all the time and energy you each put into helping me. I wanted to post this information in case you are looking for new or different curriculum. Check out the math program and the Konos. They are AMAZING. And like I said, HOP is great, too! Keep in mind, I did have other stuff shipped to Peru that we used in the past:

Hooked on Phonics Master reader: http://hooked-on-phonics.com/hooked-on-phonics-product2.cfm?Product_ID=28&Category_ID=3&cat=&p=WhatsIncluded

Hooked on Spelling: http://hooked-on-phonics.com/Hooked_on_Spelling_trade__P170C3.cfm

Konos in a box curriculum (Attentiveness): This will be our primary social studies, writing, character and history curriculum and I can use it for all of the children.
http://www.konos.com/elemcurriculum/box.htm

Right Start Mathematics: http://www.activitiesforlearning.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=109

Bible Curriculum (K-12): http://www.judahbible.com/jbc/order.htm


5 MORE MONTHS from this THURSDAY - But whose counting. All of this research has got me so excited and ready to have my babies home with me again so we can be learning and having fun together EVERY day. It's going to be FANTASTIC!!!!

5 comments:

Jonatha said...

I still can't believe you are only 5 months away from finishing. It all seemed like a long journey - and that seems like yesterday! God has carried you all through. We use HOP as well, with great success. I can't believe I'm getting ready to start it again!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great plan. I love the Konos plan (would have suggested it but you said in the original post that you couldn't use it.) I know how excited you are and I am so excited for you.

Ally is such a BEAUTIFUL gir. I know you are bursting with pride and joy! What a true blessing:-)
Love,
Amy jo

Justgottalaugh said...

I know the time will fly by! I'm interested in hearing about the Hooked on Spelling.

kathryn evans said...

The Konos plan looks really awesome. I will have to look into it...it is less expensive than some of the other stuff I looked at and that is part of the consideration...biblical, educational, ease of use and the most bang for the buck.

Ansbaughmom said...

Glad to hear you are all set with your choices. Have a great weekend.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top