Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our weekend

Well, I finished the parenting book in less than 2 days. Guess I was pretty thirsty for some good teaching. We had an awesome weekend with our family as we were able to put into practice the techniques and tips that are in the book. John was very much on board and that obviously helps a ton when two parents are working towards one goal.

We haven't had water all day. How gross! I am referring to the toilet. I told John I just COULD NOT be a missionary that lived in a place without a flushing toilet - regularly. My smart hubby found a way to utilize the rain water from the gutters to flush the toilet. He's such an engineer and I love it. So, we were able to flush the toilet at least 5 times today. Trust me, it had to be flushed.

Tomorrow I am having a gastro-scope down my throat and such. It is minor and easy, but they have to put me to sleep for about 10-15 minutes. My two friends had it recently and they did great. But me and medicine are not the best of friends and at times I have had reverse reactions to anesthesia. I was going to go by myself, but I am thinking that John should join me. I'm a little nervous only because I have such a busy day tomorrow and I want to return to school and hit the ground running. I am a bit behind in my studies and IMB stuff for a myriad of reasons and tomorrow I really need to get back on track. But it might have to wait one more day.

John's dad is doing the same as far as we know. He is calling right now to get an update. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

laytonfamily said...

good luck, I've had an upper GI - drinking burned for a few hours after.

we're re-reading our parenting books this weekend too! Was it a full moon - for a month?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top