Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update on John's Dad

John wrote:

It's hard to believe it has been a month since I left to go see my dad. Can't believe he's still in the hospital. Mentally, he is doing remarkably well. We always prayed that he would be lucid 50% percent of the time, at best. Instead, he is normal about 75% of the time. Praise God. Physically, it's up and down. For a month now, the doctors have been saying they are going to release him in 2-3 days, but then another complication arises.

Tonight I received a call from my sister. My father's heart stopped for 7 seconds last night. Tonight, the immediate response team had to come to his room and work on him, because he was having trouble breathing and his heart rate got down to 30. Normal resting rate is 60-100. Doctors are continuing to treat for his Addison's Disease. They think this might have been a Addison's crisis where muscles and organs lose function temporarily.

Thank you for all who have asked how my dad is doing and those who have, and continue, to pray for him.

1 comment:

Stephen Jones said...

Thanks for the update. We continue to pray for your dad and the entire family. I'm sure you guys are very busy as you make the last push toward Spanish competency. Keep up the good work.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top