Monday, September 8, 2008

A day

In 1 day:
I homeschooled 2 children while battling a screaming baby
did breakfast, lunch, supper and clean-up
6 loads of laundry
hugged, kissed and comforted 4 children at various times
disciplined and instructed 4 children at various times
Went to tutoring for 1.5 hours
Took a sick child to the dentist
Made supper
Mopped the floor
went to the grocery store
Tucked 4 sweety-pies into bed and then
Collapsed on the couch from exhuastion just praising God for the day.

And I had lots of help from my husband and kiddos! And I don't have a maid because.....? Maybe I should rethink that! :)

I MISS LOUISA, our empleada for Costa Rica. But I do love being the woman of my house and taking care of things that my family needs.

Anyway, please pray for Parker. He has a serious infection in his jaw from a tooth problem and tomorrow he is having a route canal. In the meantime, he has been suffering tremendously. Bless his heart! He is crying a lot, laying around and really miserable. He can't fall asleep tonight and could really use your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

circus of love said...

All this and eyeball dissection!!! What a Family!!! Wow!!
We will be talking about Ptolemy and Copernicus. We will be "dissecting" a banana to make circles and elipses (slicing it different ways so the kids can see the different shapes.) I love this KONOS stuff. We are doing the Orderliness unit. Though we are on week 3 of homeschooling and will be finishing up week one of the material.
Praying for your little man.

Amy said...

You go mamma! I have been reading still, just no time to post in my "thoughts." LOVE the eyeball...but, hey, I was a physiology gal in college. Never did an eyeball though.....Praying for Parker. And the minivan getting out of customes. And your crate coming from the states. And your baby toe. And the ministry in Peru. And thanking God for the friend you made, and the running club on the beach, and the marvelous 8 miles He gave you:-) (I'm jealous! THOU SHALT NOT COVENT THY NEIGHBORS RUN!) Anyhow, keep talking...we're listening. Just slow at responding!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, poor Parker. Praying for him! Housekeeping can be so exhausting. You are doing a great job!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top