Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday and Contacting Us

Does anyone still read this?

We are having crazy electrical problems. Things working and then not working. We can only get the outlets to work if the water is running, but then the lights in the bathrooms go off and the hot water heater won't turn on at all. Everything just turns on and off like a fun house, except it's not so fun. :) An electrician said he will come at 3:30 p.m., but I won't hold my breath. The last 4 times that someone was suppose to come out, they were no calls, no shows, never to be heard from again (for glass, a window, internet, cable) which caused us to have to find new people.

I met with my new friends this morning for some more torture. We ran 8 miles total and my little dedo (oops, I mean, toe) is MAD! It is swollen and red and very, very angry with me. It hurt really bad at first, but once it gets numb I don't feel it anymore. :) Anyway, I'm really surpised I could run 8 miles, non-stop, but if you knew how slow we were running you'd understand why. I could go forever at that pace.

John is playing his first Softball game today. How fun!

Well, our phone number is 3217664043 if you want to call us.

If you ever need to send us something, please note the following:

Unwrap the package, place it in a brown or white padded envelope (various sizes okay). No boxes! You can send several padded envelopes, but there is no guarantee that anything in a box will actually get to us.

List the YARD SALE value of the item when you are sending it and only write the generic names of stuff. Like if it's a C.D. - media mail or something like that. All packages will be sent to our mission that has a 24 hour guard and not directly to our home, so you don't have to worry that I am posting our home address b/c I am not.

John or Jessica Pham
Mision Bautista
Apartado 18-0765
Lima 18
Peru

We are starting to feel more and more like this is home. God is growing our family closer together and I am revelling in raising my babies once again.

3 comments:

MichelleD said...

I still read! It's been a busy couple of weeks for me so I've been slack about commenting on any blogs. But I read and I pray for you all...and I cry, amazed at how good God is and how He is working in and through you all!
Love you, friend!
Michelle

trent and kay said...

Yes, I am still reading. :) And, by the way, we are sick about the fact that you guys already have your visas and your crate is on the way. Well, happy for you, but can't believe that we've been in South America for over a year and still don't have a visa. Bolivia is, well, different. So glad you're settling in!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I'm still reading! I'm still reading! Don't you dare stop blogging!!! So thankful you found a friend to use your spanish! Is your crate things that you had crated from where you lived in the US and were waiting until you settled into Peru? Just curious....you know...we haven't gone to our candidate conference yet so I have alot of questions!

I am happy to hear that you are feeling like you are at home. Sorry about all of the power outages...sounds a little crazy!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top