Monday, September 22, 2008

John's Father - update

I'm sure your tired of reading these, but just in case anyone is interested or checking for updates, here goes. John's father is dying. His sister, who is a nurse, believes he has 24-48 hours left. He is now completely unresponsive and is in a coma-like state. His heart rate is staying around 160 bpm. That is exceptionally fast. My heart stays around that when I am running 4-6 miles quickly. They are saying he will pass any day now. Everytime the phone rings we are on pins and needles and it's hard to concentrate and think about anything else except the end of this precious life. Oh how we wish we could be there.

We looked for tickets tonight (leaving on Saturday), but that would still run us around $4,000ish. This is in God's hands too!

I'll let you know more when we know more. You can pretty much guess what the next update will say unless the Lord has other plans! :(

With sadness......but peace in the Lord.....John and Jess

6 comments:

johnmclamb said...

We're praying...

Jonatha said...

I am so sad for your family. It is tough no matter how "prepared" you are.

The Byrd's Nest said...

We are praying for your family and are never tired of reading any of your posts.

ptamom3 said...

I'm sorry- you all are in my prayers!

MichelleD said...

I'm praying for you all.

sinclair said...

we're praying! keep us posted.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top