Sunday, August 26, 2007

Banana Splits and Kisses

Yesterday afternoon we rounded up the troops and headed to the local mall for some play-doh. Yes, you heard me right.....play-doh. There are some things in life that are a must have and play-doh is one of them for the Pham family.

I'll spare you all the details, but there are two things I want to share about some observances we made while we were out. The first one being......I saw a woman feeding her 3 month old baby, or less, a banana split. I'm seriously NOT joking! The baby was cradled in her arms with his limp head and arms while she tried to scoop banana deliciousness into his mouth. My heart was saddened to see this. Not that these things don't happen in the states because they do. In fact, my Mema told me she use to feed my dad coke out of a bottle at like 8 weeks old. So at least this situation reminded me of my Mema, but I still couldn't help staring and feeling so sad for this little guy. I remember reading once in a No Greater Joy magazine that we wouldn't feed our animals toxic food, so why we would we do that to our precious babies and kids? I highly doubt this little guy's digestive system can handle such "junk" in his body.

We quickly settled in for the world's cheapest dinner. We fed our whole family for $6 as we stuffed them on toxic burgers, fries and juice. Hey, at least their bodies can handle it once in a while. Not like we eat like this very often. Anyway, in the middle of dinner Parker has to go to the bathroom. So I walk him over there only to have to stand behind him and cover his eyes from the two people who are HEAVILY making out in the food court. They didn't come up for air for at least 5 minutes and when they did it was only for like 20 seconds. I'm not sure if they even knew they were in public. I tried to protect Parker from seeing this outrageous display and I think I was successful. This is the third time I have seen people kissing like this in public. It makes me super uncomfortable and if we were in America I would definitely say something, but it's TOTALLY not my place here. I did try to see if anyone else was as appalled as I was, but that didn't seem to be the case. I was the only loser who was staring. We just scurried on as I tried to get that yucky image out of my mind.

We did manage to get some play-doh and it didn't cost our whole month's salary like we thought it would. The evening consisted of kisses and banana splits, but not the kind you were thinking of. :) It was an interesting night nonetheless.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top