Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Highlights

No...I'm not talking about my hair. Of course, I did find a place to get blonde highlights in my hair for $40. And, she speaks English.

Anyway, here are some quick highlights from today:

Today was our last day of barefooting. We now have 2 weeks of vacation and are leaving Thursday morning for a 5 day/4 night adventure at the beach. They have A/C there, but no bathtub. Lots of pictures to come.

Parker did a presentation at school today and he was sooo cute. We forgot the camera. I can't believe my little baby was up there dancing and singing and miming. Wasn't he just born? Oh, I am so proud of him. He didn't suck his thumb one time on stage (a huge feat if you know Parker) and he didn't act like he had ADHD or anything of the sort. Not that he does, but sometimes you might wonder as many have. Anyway, he is really maturing. I wish you could've seen him.

Avery was diagnosed with a double ear infection. You might be saying, but wait, didn't she just have one like 2 weeks ago? Yes! This is her 4th infection since mid-May. Two more infections and we are going to the ENT to see about tubes. Hopefully, it will not come to that.

Ally fell out of her bed yesterday morning and landed on the hard tile floor. Her arm was swollen and slightly bruised. The clinic doctor at the school suggested an x-ray. So, I had my first experience at the hospital with my friend, Candy, as translator. She started Spanish school in January and the doctor told her she spoke very well. The hospital is where you go to see the doctor. Strange, huh? It was smooth and easy. Ally's arm is just bruised and she is fine. I just smiled at the doctor as he talked and I realized I couldn't understand a SINGLE word he was saying. In perfect English he managed to tell me I will speak great Spanish by the end of the school year. I sure hope so.

John has had NO migraines since Friday. WOOHOOO! He is doing great picking up Spanish and is thriving here.

We will take lots of pictures of our first Costa Rica beach trip. Wish you could come with us. Miss our friends all over the world, but so glad we are here doing what the Lord has called us to do. And going to the beach is like a bonus.

That's it for today!!!!

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Ya'll have fun on vacation! Hey did you call tonight? I'll ask Cary in the morning when he gets up. I saw a number that looked like yours on my caller ID. Aggie dokie...Miss ya tons!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Perhaps you were calling to tell me the results of the IQ test eh?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top