Monday, August 13, 2007

Calling in sick

Today was great! Two of my kids were still sick so I had the absolute pleasure of staying home with them....Avery and Parker.

I'll spare you the details, but I will say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being home with my children more than ANYTHING in the entire world. This was such a blessed, sweet day to be able to be with them ALL Day long. If Parker would've been feeling better we would've done some homeschooling just for old times' sake. Nonetheless, we enjoyed each other and it made me remember why I was so sad to give it up for language school. We had a paper airplane competition and let me tell you I am no good. Parker makes a sweet paper airplane.

Anyway, school starts in about 2 weeks and then I have 1 solid year of NOT being a full-time, stay at home mom. Truly, this hurts my heart as I know this is what God created me to do...to nurture and guide my babies as they are learning about life and God. God has also called me to be a missionary, so I am embracing this in obedience. It will be a long year, but then I will be back home permanently with my precious ones!!! For now, though, we'll always have sick days. :)

1 comment:

Marlene said...

I'm glad you got to stay home and love on the kids today BUT I am also so thankful that God's called you to be an "M" so that I got to love on your kids for a season! Enjoy all the loving you can
get. :o)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top